This page allows you to directly access the Thermoptim model library, which includes five categories of external classes:
For each model, various documents define the external class (the number varies depending on the complexity of the model):
Presentation of the model
Instructions for use of the class
Java code of the external class
extUser.zip or extUser2.zip file containing the class
Project and diagram files of an example
Historically, external classes began to be developed for Thermoptim versions 1.3 to 1.5.
A change in the Java libraries forced us to modify the source code of external classes and Thermoptim from 2018, leading to versions 2.52, 2.62, 2.72 and 2.82.
Three versions of the external classes should therefore be used, depending on the version of Thermoptim you have. If you do not know it, it is indicated in the screen that appears when you click on the line "About Thermoptim" in the "Help" menu of the simulator.
When external classes are available for versions 2.5 to 2.8, three sets of files are available for download, reported by:
V1 for versions 1.3 to 1.5
V2.51 for versions 2.51, 2.61, 2.71 and 2.81
V2.52 for versions 2.52, 2.62, 2.72 and 2.82
If nothing is specified, only version 1.5 is available.
Volume 3 of the Thermoptim reference manual will explain how to use and design external classes and Diapason session S07En_ext will guide you through your first steps. However, if you just want to use external classes, just learn how to load them in the software package, which is explained below in this page
The links below give you access to pages where you can download extUser2.zip or extUser.zip files containing external classes. For these classes to appear in Thermoptim, you must either replace the file with the same name in the installation directory of the package or extract the compiled class files (extension .class) and place them in your old extUser. zip or extUser2.zip file.
If you are using a version of Thermoptim after 2.51, you can use for this the external class manager . Otherwise, refer to the guidance provided in Volume 3 of the Thermoptim reference manual .
- Models available as external classes
- Adiabatic diffuser model
- Adiabatic nozzle model
- Turbojet driver
- Solar concentrator
- External substance "Dowtherm A"
- External substance "liquid sodium (Na)"
- External substance "LiBr_H2O"
- External substance "EauSalee" (salt water)
- External substance "EauSolute"
- CO2 emissions
- Cooling and condensation of a moist gas
- Cooling coil with condensation
- Gas humidification by water quench
- Saturation of a moist gas
- Direct contact cooling towers
- Indirect contact cooling towers
- Mixed ionic-electronic conducting MIEC
- Reactor for CLC cycle (Chemical Looping Combustion)
- CO shift reactor
- Biomass combustion
- Models of ejectors
- Absorber for LiBr-H2O absorption cycle
- Desorber for LiBr-H2O absorption cycle
- Flash chamber
- Reverse osmosis unit
- Cooled air compressor driver
- Stirling engine driver